Just take a look at that super short ingredient list and even shorter directions. I mean, tell me that isn’t enough to at least pique your interest in this roast salmon with sweet chipotle glaze.
Can I sweeten the deal? How about if I tell you this simple salmon is topped with a glaze that’s the perfect balance of smoky heat, sweet-tart orange marmalade, rich salmon, and acidic red wine vinegar? Still not enough to convince you? Let me add in you can make the glaze a few days ahead of time and save yourself another couple minutes off a dish that, served alongside some roasted vegetables, is already primed to be the star of a meal that can truly be on the table in 30 minutes.
To make it happen, I made some adjustments to to recipe that inspired this post. By reducing the oven temperature to 425 degrees, it matches my preferred method for roasting vegetables, which means each component of your dinner can cook at the same time in the same oven. For me, it went like this:
- Preheat the oven. Line two baking sheets with foil and place one in the oven to begin heating.
- While the oven heats, cut up sweet potatoes and toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- When the oven reaches temperature, spread sweet potatoes on baking sheet that was heating in the oven. Roast 15 minutes.
- While sweet potatoes roast, cut up fresh green beans and toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Place salmon on second prepared baking sheet and spread with part of the glaze.
- After 15 minutes, toss sweet potatoes and make room to add green beans to baking sheet.
- Place mixed vegetables and salmon in the oven and roast for 10-12 minutes.
With that, dinner is served. Healthy, homemade weeknight meals just don’t get much easier.
Looking for more quick, healthy meals? I’ve got you.
- sheet pan spiced chicken with asparagus and potatoes
- late summer gnocchi with zucchini, tomatoes, and basil
- Chrissy Teigen’s basil chicken
- pork tenderloin with blackberry-tomato sauce
Sweet, spicy, and super simple–what’s not to love about this crowd-pleasing roast salmon with sweet chipotle glaze?
Sheet Pan Roast Salmon with Sweet Chipotle Glaze
inspired by Bon Appetit, April 2011
3 chipotle peppers in adobo, finely minced
3 TBSP orange marmalade
1 tsp. maple syrup
1 TBSP red wine vinegar
1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/8 tsp. sea salt, plus more for fish
black pepper, to taste
4 (5-6 oz.) skin-on salmon fillets (about 1 in. thick)
1. Preheat oven to 425° F.
2. To make the glaze, put all ingredients except the salmon in a small bowl. Whisk to combine.
3. Place the salmon fillets, skin side down, on a baking sheet lined with foil. Sprinkle each fillet with salt and pepper. Spoon three fourths of the glaze over the fillets. Roast the salmon until opaque in the center, 10-12 minutes. Remove salmon from oven, place on plates, and drizzle with remaining glaze.
Yield: 4 servings