TGIF, right readers? Or perhaps I should say TGISB–thank goodness it’s spring break! Well, it is for me at least, and I want to celebrate with a drink (One? Who am I kidding here?). More specifically, this drink. These grapefruit margaritas. Wow.
I’ve have made them a couple of times and just fell in love with them. I’m a big grapefruit fan, so I figured I’d like them. I completely underestimated how much I loved them. Sweet-tart pink or red grapefruit, orange liqueur, a splash of fresh lime, and a generous dose of tequila–I mean what’s NOT to love? Cheers, reader. Happy Friday. Or happy spring break. Or happy Tuesday…whichever you’re celebrating.
Are you a grapefruit fan, as well? You know I’ve got you!
- pink grapefruit with champagne
- fish tacos with grapefruit-avocado salsa
- strawberry grapefruit smoothies
Say cheers to citrus season with these sweet, tart, perfectly pink grapefruit margaritas. Make a double batch. Just trust me.
3 oz. tequila (I like Hornitos.)
2 oz. orange liqueur such as Triple Sec or Cointreau
2 oz. fresh-squeezed lime juice, from approx. 2 limes
6 oz. fresh-squeezed pink or red grapefruit juice, from 2 medium grapefruits
simple syrup, to taste (optional)
salt, for rim (optional)
grapefruit wedges, for serving
1. Mix tequila, orange liqueur, lime, and grapefruit juices well. If you think you need a little more sweetness, add a splash of simple syrup.
2. Rub one of the used lime or grapefruit rinds around the rim of two glasses and dip in cocktail salt, if desired. Fill each glass with ice and pour in the margarita.
yield: 2 drinks (So you’ll probably want to make a double batch. Just sayin…)