I’ve been taking extra care with my meals lately. As soon as I laid eyes on this one, I knew it was a winner. Plus, it was a cinch to whip up on a busy weeknight. Thank goodness!
Crispy Mustard-Walnut Chicken
adapted from Williams-Sonoma, Weeknight Fresh and Fast
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
2 egg whites
2 TBSP Dijon mustard
1/2 c. Panko
1/3 c. walnuts, chopped
1 small shallot, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
zest of one lemon
1/2 tsp. dry mustard
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
2 TBSP olive oil
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Position a rack in the lower third of the oven and preheat to 400 degrees Farenheit.
2. In a shallow bowl, whisk the egg white and Dijon mustard until well blended.
3. In a pie pan, combine panko, walnuts, shallot, garlic, lemon zest, dry mustard, and cayenne pepper. Mix well to blend.
4. Warm the oil in a large ovenproof non-stick pan.
5. Coat the chicken with the egg mixture, then dip into the panko mixture and coat thoroughly.
6. Place the chicken in the pan and cook until golden brown on the first side, about two minutes. Turn the chicken, then place the pan in the oven and bake until the chicken is springy to the touch, eight to ten minutes. Serves four.
one year ago: coffee ice cream
two years ago: cinnamon buttermilk muffins and some of my favorite cupcakes, almond-scented with raspberry filling and cream cheese frosting
three years ago: raspberry-balsamic chicken and Ellie Krieger’s pumpkin pie muffins
That looks amazingly easy and really tasty!
I do love easy weeknight meals, and I love the contrast beaten the crunchy chicken and crisp spinach salad.
Wow, almost wedding time. Can't wait to see the blog post of the big day. Congrats and best wishes.
Yummy, I have made a similar one before using pecans and drum sticks. Delicious
mom? are you trying to tell us something?!
This looks so darn tasty! I love an easy meal to whip up anytime. That spinach salad sounds yummy! I've been on a spinach salad kick since visiting a Mediterranean restaurant here in Houston. I can't believe your wedding day is almost here. I can't wait to see pictures! You are going to make a spectacular bride!!!
Yum!! Must try. It has all of the elements that I love in a great dinner, including a nice, fresh salad! I'll be adding these ingredients to my grocery store list! P.S. I see you're getting married very soon! I'm a newly wed too! Good luck and enjoy the day! It really does fly by, believe it or not.
Wow!i Love chicken!this is yummy!
wow!this chicken is good!i look very yummy and crunchy!
Can I use regular breadcrumbs instead of panko? (just trying to use what I have)
can i use regular breadcrumbs instead of panko?