Looking for a quick and healthy dish to get you through the hot and hectic days of summer? Want something that will keep you energized and ready to go all afternoon? Here you go!
Quinoa with Salmon, Feta, and Dill
an “Apple a Day” original
1 (10 oz.) cut of salmon
3 TBSP extra-virgin olive oil, divided
2 c. water
zest of one lemon
juice of one lemon
1 c. quinoa, rinsed and drained
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 TBSP fresh dill, minced
half of a cucumber, seeded and chopped
1/2 c. feta cheese, chopped
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat a non-stick pan on the stove over medium heat. Meanwhile, salt and pepper the salmon filet. When pan is heated, add 2 TBSP olive oil and cook salmon until cooked through but not dry, about 5-6 minutes per side. Place salmon on a plate and set aside to cool down a bit.
2. In a medium saucepan, bring the water, half the lemon zest, and half the lemon juice to a boil. Once boiling, pour in the quinoa, bring it to a boil, then reduce heat to low, cover, and let simmer for 15 minutes.
3. While quinoa is cooking, mince the garlic and dill and chop the cucumber and feta.
4. After the quinoa has simmered for 15 minutes, remove from the heat and uncover. Fluff with a fork and gently stir in the garlic. Allow to sit for three minutes to finish absorbing the water.
5. With a fork, flake the salmon into large chunks and discard the skin. Fold salmon, cucumber, feta, remaining lemon zest, lemon juice, and dill into the quinoa. Salt and pepper as desired.
two years ago:salmon and edamame pasta salad