Another school year down and one last potluck. It’s been a tough year for me. Our school went through so many transitions, staffing changes, and infinite last-minute decisions from our district and state department. Thankfully, it’s now over. There were some times when I questioned if I still wanted to be a teacher. In the end, though, I knew there was nothing else I’d rather do than help children see what wonderful people they are and can be. I can’t wait to inspire next year’s group…
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
adapted from Sing For Your Supper
originally from Bake at 350
12 TBSP unsalted butter1 c. smooth peanut butter 3/4 c. sugar 1/2 c. light brown sugar, packed 4 eggs 2 tsp. vanilla 1 1/4 c. all-purpose flour 3/4 c. whole-wheat flour 1/2 tsp. coarse salt 3/4 tsp. ground cinnamon 2 tsp. baking powder 2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease a 9x13 pan. Alternately, line the pan with parchment or foil and spray with cooking spray. (Recipe can also be halved and baked in an 8x8.)
2. Whisk together the flour, salt, cinnamon, and baking powder. Set aside.
3. Cream the butter and peanut butter together until smooth. Beat in the sugars until combined.
4. Add the eggs, one at a time, scraping down the bowl after each addition. Stir in the vanilla.
5. Add in the flour mixture. Once mostly combined, add the chocolate chips and stir until combined.
6. Spread the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for about 40-45 minutes. (For an 8x8 pan, decrease time to 30-32 minutes.) Cool completely before cutting.
two years ago: chocolate chip cookies with hazelnuts
MMMMM!!! I could go for one of those bars right now! SCHOOLS OUT FOR THE SUMMER! ENJOY!
Mmmmm!!! Aren't these yummy?! Yours look fantastic! So glad you're OFF for the summer and you can enjoy your new place!! 🙂
those are great looking cookie bars!!I have one more week of school, but my lunches for my girls are done now….I just feed the faculty a few days…..my wife is a teacher and has 2 more weeks….then its summertime!!I look forward to reading more of your posts!
Yay for summer!I love big chunky cookie bars.
MmmMMM those are pretty thick!! i love baking with peanut butter!! and u totally did an amazing combo pairing it with chocolate! love that u did some baking <3 LOOKS AWESOME!
i made these with white chocolate peanut butter…mmmmm. when did you add the cinnamon though? its in the list of ingredients and then not in the directions…thanks!
Chocolate and peanut butter is a dangerous combo!! It's addicting and these bars look like they fit that bill. I'll have to try these- thanks!
Aly, thanks for the catch. I whisked the cinnamon together with the other dry ingredients. I've since corrected the recipe. White chocolate peanut butter sounds incredible!
Looks great! I could go for one of those bars right now!
These look great!!