Still looking for a perfect breakfast in bed for your valentine? Look no further. These decadent chocolate pancakes are simple to put together and present beautifully.And since these chocolate pancakes will have you in a dessert mood all day, head on over to Confessions of a Bake-a-holic! to see all the other delicious Valentine’s Day-inspired treats! Happy Valentine’s Day!
Chocolate Pancakesadapted from Recipe Zaarprinter-friendly recipe
Ingredients:1 c. milk1 egg2 TBSP butter, melted and slightly cooled1/2 tsp. vanilla extract1 c. all-purpose flour1/3 c. Dutch process cocoa powder1/3 c. granulated sugar1/2 tsp. baking soda1/2 tsp. saltlightly sweetened whipped cream, powdered sugar, chocolate chips, chocolate syrup, berries, or any other desired garnish
Directions:1. In a small bowl, combine milk, egg and butter; whisk until blended.
2. In another bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking soda and salt; mix well.
3. Add milk mixture; whisk just until dry ingredients are moistened. (Batter will be slightly lumpy.)
4. Heat griddle over medium heat until hot. (Drops of water will sizzle, then evaporate.) Spray with cooking spray. For each pancake, pour scant 1/3 c. batter onto griddle. For heart or other shaped pancakes, use a pancake mold or metal cookie cutter sprayed with cooking spray. Be sure to use tongs to remove the mold or cookie cutter as it will be hot.
5. Cook 2-3 minutes on the first side or until several bubbles begin to surface. Carefully turn over pancake. Cook an additional 1-2 minutes or until pancakes are cooked through.
6. Keep pancakes warm in a 200 degree oven. Garnish and serve as soon as the last pancake is finished.
one year ago: monkey muffins and French onion soup