Wow, wow, WOW! This is my new potato salad. It was light and flavorful and beautiful on the table. I can’t imagine ever going back to traditional potato salad!
Two Potato Salad
adapted from Pat and Gina Neely, onThe Food Network
4 strips thick-sliced smoked bacon (omit for vegetarian salad)
1 lb. sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
1 lb. Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
1 tsp. salt, plus more for seasoning
4 scallions, finely chopped
2 celery stalks, finely chopped
2 medium serrano chiles, stemmed, seeded and minced
1/2 cup low-fat sour cream
2 TBSP low-fat mayonnaise
2 TBSP Dijon mustard
1 TBSP finely chopped fresh tarragon leaves or 1 tsp. dried
freshly-ground black pepper
6 oz. baby spinach, chopped roughly
1. Fry the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp and browned. Alternately, cook until crispy in the microwave. Transfer the bacon to a plate lined with paper towels. When cool crumble and set aside.
2. Put the sweet potatoes and Yukon gold potatoes in 2 separate saucepans. Cover the potatoes with water (by 2-inches), add 1/2 teaspoon salt to each pot, and bring the pots to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat, and simmer the potatoes until they are just cooked through and tender. The sweet potatoes will cook in about 15 minutes, and the Yukon gold potatoes should be finished in about 12 minutes. Drain the potatoes, and allow them to cool.
3. Meanwhile, combine sour cream, mayonnaise, mustard, tarragon, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Stir in scallions, celery, and serrano chiles. Toss to combine. Taste for seasoning, and add more salt or pepper, if needed.
4. When potatoes are completely cooled, toss in the potatoes and spinach.
5. To serve, garnish with bacon.
Looks delicious! I love watching the Neely's but haven't tried any of their recipes.
I've never made potatoe salad. I will star this and hope to try it someday. I have to many things I want to try. Blogging has me cooking again.
Wow this looks awesome. I love that it has spinach in it. I'm going to have to try this one.