Wow! For a sort of thrown together dinner, this was fantastic. My family was satisfied and impressed and couldn’t have been happier. Next time you need a quick, easy, healthy weeknight roast that can even be prepped the night before, try this. I hope you’ll like it as much as my family did.
Spice-Rubbed Pork Tenderloin
an “Apple a Day” original
2 TBSP chili powder
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. black pepper
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. allspice
1/2 tsp. dried sage
1/2 tsp. dried thyme
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper, if desired
1 1/2 lb. pork tenderloin, trimmed of silver skin
2 TBSP olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1. Mix all dry spices in a small bowl.
2. Rub on pork loin. Wrap tightly in two layers of plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for as little as 30 minutes, up to over night.
3. When ready to cook, pull loin out of refrigerator. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
4. Heat oil in a large oven-proof saute pan. Saute garlic until fragrant, about two minutes.
5. Place pork loin in pan and sear about five minutes on each side.
6. Transfer tenderloin to oven. If you do not have an oven-proof saute pan, place the tenderloin in a glass roasting dish with 1/4 in. water in the bottom. Bake 25-30 minutes, or until thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the tenderloin reads 155 degrees F.
7. Let rest ten minutes, then slice and serve. Serves 4-5.