This dinner just kind of came up. I didn’t really plan it in advance. I was thinking I’d put the pesto, feta, and tomatoes on top of the chicken breasts, but once I saw how ugly the pesto was, I decided stuffing the chicken would be better. It turned out moist and bursting with yummy, salty flavors. I will most definitely be making this again!
Chicken Stuffed with Kalamata Pesto, Feta, and Sun-Dried Tomatoes
an “Apple a Day” original
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 recipe kalamata pesto
1/2 c. crumbled feta cheese
1/2 c. sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
1/4 c. olive oil salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Slice chicken breasts horizontally, making sure not to go all the way through. Pull flap back to open pocket.
3. Using a spoon, load in pesto, feta, and tomatoes. Close chicken flap and secure with a toothpick, if necessary.
4. Rub chicken breasts with olive oil, then salt and pepper to taste.
5. Place chicken in a shallow baking dish and bake for 20-25 minutes (mine were perfect at 22 min.). Let cool three minutes before serving.
One year ago:aromatice noodles with peanut-lime sauce
Great use of your pesto and so creative!
Mmm this sounds SO good. I'm kind of obsessed with kalamata olives.
You are so good as recreating recipes. This looks wonderful. Nothing goes to waste in your kitchen!