There are days I am more than happy to spend hours slaving away in the kitchen to prepare the most amazing dinner with all the extra frills. Then there’s today. I wanted a healthy and quick dinner on the table in no time flat. And I didn’t want the oven or Crockpot heating up the house all day. So what’s the perfect solution, you ask? How about a super easy stir fry chock full of all your favorite delicious and healthy vegetables!
Easy Weeknight Chicken Stir Fry
an “Apple a Day” original
4 servings brown rice (I like to use brown jasmine)
2 TBSP sesame oil, divided
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
1 broccoli crown, cut into florets
1 yellow onion
2 carrots, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch thick coins
1 green bell pepper, sliced
7-8 button mushrooms, sliced
1 bottle stir fry sauce (Trader Joe’s brand recommended)
1. Prepare brown rice according to package directions.
2. Heat 1 TBSP sesame oil in wok or large saute pan over medium heat. Cook chicken, remove from pan, and reserve in separate bowl.
3. Turn up heat to medium high or high and heat remaining sesame oil. Put all vegetables in pan and cook until slightly softened.
4. Add sauce and return chicken to pan. Simmer until sauce thickens and vegetables are cooked to the desired consistency.
5. Plate rice then chicken and vegetables. Serves 4.