The healthy recipes continue with this one. I’ve got to rock that swimsuit, people! But I refuse to be hungry. Hungry means cranky. Cranky means I’m not a very good teacher until I get some food. That’s not good. I’ve got to make sure I keep myself full, happy, and healthy.This recipe definitely fits the bill. I took one bite and immediately knew these burgers would be making several more appearances this summer. They were so delicious, especially when served with a side of delicious garlic oven “fries”. I can honestly say these burgers and the garlic fries would satisfy even the meanest craving for a big ol’ greasy burger and fries. That’s saying a lot. My junk food cravings are usually pretty strong!
Stuffed Turkey Burgersadapted from Ellie Krieger, The Food You CraveIngredients:
1 1/4 lb. lean ground turkey breast
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp. salt
freshly-ground black pepper
1/2 c. roasted red peppers, chopped
1/2 c. shredded part-skim mozzarella
1/3 c. light balsamic mayo (3 parts mayo to 1 part balsamic vinegar)
1/2 c. basil leaves
1. Preheat outdoor grill or indoor grill pan over medium to medium-high heat.
2. Sprinkle garlic, salt, and pepper over ground turkey. Mix in by hand. Do not overwork meat.
3. Divide turkey into 4 equal sized rounds. Make 2 equal sized patties out of each round so you have 8 patties total.
4. On each of the four patties, put 2 TBSP each of red peppers and cheese. Top with remaining patties, working the turkey around the edges to seal burgers closed.
5. Grill or broil until cooked through, about 5 minutes per side.
6. Serve on whole-wheat buns with light balsamic mayo and basil.
One year ago:summer orzo salad, my favorite healthy summer recipe
Looks wonderful, I’ve never done stuffed turkey burgers before.
I’ve never done “stuffed” burgers before. I am going to have to give this a whirl!