These little gems are perfect for a party. They’re great to set around in a pretty bowl for nibbles, as part of a cheese platter, or as a salad topper. They are incredibly simple to make and can be stored in an airtight container for up to two weeks, meaning you can make them well before the day. Score! I love having things crossed off my to-do list days before the event!
1 large egg white
1/4 c. light brown sugar
1 tsp. kosher salt
1 tsp. chili powder
1/4 tsp. ground allspice
3/4 tsp. ground cumin
1 3/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
2 1/2 c. assorted nuts (pecan halves, walnuts, cashews, or almonds)
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
2. Beat the egg white until soft and foamy and no clear liquid remains in bottom of bowl.
3. In a large bowl, combine all remaining ingredients except nuts. Whisk into egg white. Stir in nuts until well coated.
4. Spread the nuts, in a single layer, on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes.
5. Remove nuts from oven. Reduce temperature to 250 degrees. Using a metal spatula, toss stir and separate the nuts.
6. Return nuts to oven and bake until medium brown, about ten minutes more.
7. Remove nuts from oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool. Be sure to break up any nuts that are stuck together.