Another year, another January, another big bag of lemons from my mom. Nice! Really, the only thing better than fresh lemons are free fresh lemons, right? So to use all of those free fresh lemons up, I’ll be going on kind of a lemon binge for the next few posts. I hope you like lemon as much as I do. Here we go!
seen on Good Things Catered
adapted from The New Best Recipe
Ingredients:4 small to medium boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded to even thickness
1/2 c. all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. paprika
1/2 tsp. garlic salt
1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
2 TBSP olive oil
1 c. chicken stock
1 large shallot, minced (I used red onion because I already had it on hand)
1 1/2 TBSP capers, drained and rinsed
3 TBSP unsalted butter
2 TBSP chopped, fresh parsley
Directions:1. Halve one lemon lengthwise and slice one half crosswise into 1/8-1/4 inch thick slices. Juice the remaining 1 1/2 lemons to obtain 1/4 cup juice.
2. In small shallow bowl, combine flour, paprika, garlic salt, and pepper, mixing to combine well.
3. Salt and pepper each cutlet generously and coat each with flour mixture.
4. Heat a large heavy-bottomed skillet over medium-high heat until hot, add 2 Tbsp oil, saute chicken until medium brown, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to warm plate.
5. Add shallot to pan over medium heat and saute until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
6. Add stock and lemon slices, increase heat to high and deglaze pan; simmer until liquid reduces to about 1/3 cup.
7. Add lemon juice and capers and simmer until sauce reduces again to 1/3 cup. Remove pan from heat, swirl in butter until it melts and thickens sauce; swirl in parsley.
8. Spoon sauce over chicken and serve immediately.
Oh yay!! haha. I LOOOVe lemons! :::putting in my vote for lemon curd so you can then go ahead and ship me some::: this looks so yummy. I hope you liked it!
Ooooh lemons. You have to make limoncello. I ran out. I would like you to make it and ship me some. :PI like Katie’s idea too though.K
I hadn’t thought of limoncello. Lemon curd, however, is in the works.
Is it sad that I have The Best Recipe book and haven’t gone through it enough to make this yet?! I love chicken piccata for its lemony bite and I’m going to have to make the dish soon!