Yes, that’s right, gumdrop cookies. Gumdrop inside of cookies. What a wonderful idea. These cookies are simple, adorable, and taste like being a kid at Christmas. I mean it. One bite and the corners of your mouth will instinctively curl up into a happy little smile. You might even giggle a little. I did. I mean, what could be more fun than gumdrops inside of cookies?
Gumdrop Cookies Paula Deen’s holiday special edition, 2007Ingredients: 1 1/2 c. gumdrops (If you can only find spice drops, pick out the green and white ones)1 c. butter½ c. sugar½ c. light brown sugar2 large eggs1 tsp. vanilla2 3/4 c. all-purpose flour1 tsp. baking powder½ tsp. baking soda¾ tsp. salt2 c. quick-cooking oats Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350º. Line baking sheets with silpat mats, parchment paper, or foil turned to dull side.
2. Using scissors cut gumdrops into halves or thirds. set aside.
3. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars at medium speed with an electric mixture until creamy. Add eggs, one at the time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
4. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating until combined. Stir in oats and gumdrops by hand. (Get ready for a work out!)
5. Roll dough into 1” balls or scoop out using standard-sized scoop. Place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets, and bake 10 minutes, or until lightly browned.
6. Let cool on pans 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. Store in airtight containers.
Thanks to Joelen at Joelen’s Culinary Adventures for hosting another wonderful month of Tasty Tools, this time featuring baking sheets and jellyroll pans!