Katie did not lie when she said these were the best strawberry cupcakes ever. I seriously think I could’ve eaten about four in one sitting. Wow, wow, WOW!!!!! Whoever this Angie is has some serious strawberry cupcakes skills!
Angie’s Famous Strawberry Cupcakes
seen onGood Things Catered
2 1/2 c. cake flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 c. unsalted butter, room temperature
1 1/2 c. sugar (or a little less if the berries are sweet)
1/3 c. buttermilk
1/4 c. oil
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 c. chopped strawberries
1/4 c. strawberries
1 TBSP strawberry liquor
1/2 tsp. lemon juice
8 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
3/4 c. unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 3/4 c. powdered sugar
1/2 TBSP vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare two cupcake pans.
2. Sift flour, salt, and baking soda in medium bowl.
3. In bowl of mixer, cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time until combined. Add the buttermilk, oil and vanilla until combined.
4. Add flour mixture and stir until just combined the gently fold in berries.
5. Fill cupcake tins 3/4 way. (I used a standard sized scoop.) Bake for approximately 20 minutes. (Mine baked completely in 21 minutes.)
6. To make the frosting, put berries, liquor, and juice in saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat and then reduce to a simmer for 5 mins. Let cool then blend until smooth.
7. In bowl of mixer mix cream cheese and butter until creamy. Add sugar, then vanilla. Add berry puree until smooth.
8. Frost cupcakes when they are completely cooled.
***My sister LOVED them!***