Sorry. No cutesy title this time. Just a really good, really easy recipe. Enjoy!
Shrimp Fra Diavolo
adapted from Giada de Laurentiis, Everyday Italian
1 lb. large shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 tsp. salt, plus more to taste
2 tsp. dried crushed red pepper flakes (adjust to taste)
3 TBSP olive oil
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes with juice
1 c. dry white wine
3 garlic cloves, chopped
1/2 tsp. dried oregano
chopped fresh basil, for garnish
fresh parmesan, for garnish
1. In a medium bowl, toss the shrimp with 1 tsp. of salt and red pepper flakes.
2. In a large heavy skillet, heat the oil over a medium-high flame. Add the shrimp and saute until just cooked through, about 2 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the shrimp to a large plate and set aside.
3. Add the onion to the same skillet and saute until translucent, about 5 minutes.
4. Add the tomatoes with their juices, wine, garlic, and oregano, and simmer until slightly thickened, about 10 minutes.
5. Return the shrimp and accumulated juices to the tomato mixture and toss to coat.
6. Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper to taste.
mmmm, i love this pasta dish!